mercredi 22 avril 2009

From Cyril in London

This text was written by Cyril Hénon and was meant to accompany the photographs that were posted here and there earlier.

My background before L’Oreal:

I have 2 skills: First I have a BTS Compta and a DECF (Diplome d’Etude Comptable et Financière) and I worked during 2 years in a build company, I managed stock, account and employee and I worked 2 years in a management centre to work with customers to optimize results and taxes… After this I have integrated ESLI and l’Oreal since 3 years.

Since January 2009, I work at the headquarter of L’Oreal UK on a logistic project… I arrived in London the 12th of January thanks to 2 reasons: First for improve my English so my apology for different mistakes for this moment. And a second reason is to improve forecasting… I thank my boss for transfering me in the UK because L’Oreal France continues to pay me and thanks to my new boss to accept me in the UK.

Maybe, I hope for a job after my training placement…

So Now I can tell you my small story:

My arrival: The preparation, my arrival and my house


NEVER PAY WEST UNION TRANSFERT.

Before my arrival, I was stressed because I almost nearly had a fraud. Internet is very good but you don’t trust Internet. A beautiful woman proposed me a beautiful flat near Notthing hill next to Portobello with a beautiful price: Only 400£ per month zone 2…
And with a complement: every day, the woman could take me to work: no tube…
BUT, if I want this beautiful flat, I must pay a caution by WEST UNION TRANSFERT. My advice is: never pay by WEST UNION TRANSFERT because it’s not possible to turn against WEST union.
This is a fraud because the husband called me at 2 am and I found information in California.

For your search, the best site is Gumtree.

My arrival:
I didn’t know London but it’s very simple to use the tube. The different ways are in different colours. West for direction West and East for Direction East and a woman even spoke to me & helped me when I arrived: Thanks

I was very lucky because when I arrived in London, I called for a flatshare and I found a flat in Southfield in the SW on London 2 stations in Wimbledon.

Southfield is like a village, no buildings, many small shops and very quiet..and my house is 7 min to a station.

My house:
My bedroom is like Julien’s Bedroom * 2 in Brittany but the price is small (Only 370£ and a bill of approximately 40£ per month) zone 3. I have a living room (very important for the communication) , a kitchen and a garden for BBQ. (Internet, sky,TV, washing machine… )

I live with 3 persons, a French and 2 English (Man and Woman) who are very cool and very sympathetic and I also discovered the Pub “The Garage”… with only Pints for only 2,5£

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire


Afficher Internship Abroad sur une carte plus grande

Vous trouverez ici les "Guides Pays" compilés par les étudiants du projet INTERNSHIP ABROAD de l'ESLI.

Ces documents téléchargeables contiennent des informations utiles sur les stages à l'étranger.

Attention: certains détails peuvent être obsolètes.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Suivez-nous!