lundi 16 février 2009

Bastien in Canada

Hello,
I hope you'll like our blog. I'll share with you my first experience abroad, I decided to settle in Lethbridge. It's a small city, about 80 000 inhabitants, in Southern Alberta, Western Canada. The first aim of my internship is to improve my english, as I'm always teasing Cyril about his "frenglish" , I've no other choice than writing in English.
May be that sometimes I'll speak in french because my vocabulary won't always be rich enough to explain my feelings.

For my internship, I've the chance to work for Pratt & Whitney Canada, an engine manufacturer for buiness, tourism and regional aircrafts and helicopters. PWC is a United Technologies Corporate Company as OTIS (elevators), CARRIER, Sikorski (helicopters), Pratt & Whintey US ( Engine for commercial Aircrafts as BOEING and AIRBUS) and others.

First Landscape from the aircraft, i think it's the Saint Laurent frozen.

I arrived in January, the second, after a 36 hours trip, it should have been 17hours but for my first visit, the weather wanted to welcome me with the real Canadian tough climate, then my first steps on the Canadian soil were in the snow by 30°C below 0!! I had about 5 layers on my skin, the several airport checkpoints were a nightmare when I had to remove all my clothes. And to finish Air Canada lost my luggage. My first advice will be the same as Lucile gave me before leaving France, take in your cabin bag enough clothes for a few days.
Thank you Lulu!!


My Bed & Breakfast, absolutely more beautiful than any hotel of the city.
I spent my first night in a Bed & Breakfast, it's less expensive than an hotel room and it's obviously better to get advices about your new home. People are used to welcome travellers from the whole world and they're very happy to have foreigners with them. You only have breakfast included but if you ask, for your first day, after a long trip, they'll be happy to keep you something for supper. The jetlag in western canada is 8 hours, then, it's good to try not to sleep during your flight and to sleep early when you arrive, then it can help to have a good night instead of waking up about 5AM the next morning because you're still at the European time.
That's all for this first article, if you wanna talk about that, feel free to leave a message...
Have a nice day!
___
Bastien

1 commentaire:

  1. Slt à toi! Le dépaysement à l'air d'être totale!Est-ce que l'un d'entre vous pourrez nous faire un topo sur la manière de partir (formalités adm, financières et comment trouver une entreprise...

    Have a good night!I think at the moment you sleep...

    RépondreSupprimer


Afficher Internship Abroad sur une carte plus grande

Vous trouverez ici les "Guides Pays" compilés par les étudiants du projet INTERNSHIP ABROAD de l'ESLI.

Ces documents téléchargeables contiennent des informations utiles sur les stages à l'étranger.

Attention: certains détails peuvent être obsolètes.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Suivez-nous!