vendredi 20 mars 2009

Ski Trip Montana

Hello everybody,

sorry for this long time without any news but between my work and my weekends in the Rockies...I was pretty busy. 

I can say that since I arrived here about 2 months ago, i realized a few dreams. The first one was to go skiing in mythic Rocky Mountains which amazing snow falls made the legacy.

That's what i wanna share with you in this article. 

To understand, you absolutely need to see photos, I can't just explain what's happened over there, you need to see that, and be happy because you need neither scarf nor gloves!

It's simply amazing!! This picture is from last weekend, when I've been to WhiteFish, in the Montana, USA. Just for your information, when you're french, if you wanna go to the states from Canada with a car, you need to stop at the border to fill a form and they'll take your finger prints!! You also have to pay $6 US. And you can stay 90 days. 

Then, I left Lethbridge on saturday morning with two friends, we had about 400 km to do on icy roads and with a strong wind. It was about minus 20 outside, a bit scary sometimes, to be in the middle of nowhere, you feel so small... specially when you see wild animals that are as big as your car. Good advice from my friends, everything that is bigger than you in that country...is able to kill you!!

Then after 4 hours riding, we arrived to a very nice hotel, on hills, we just had to drop our skis, and enjoy. I was surprised to find something not really expensive, about $90 US a room for 3 people for a night.  The biggest discrepancy with France is the price of the skipass for a day, about $60 US, and it's not the most expensive. But you can ski by night, if you're able to breathe when it's minus 30...I decided to drink a beer near a fireplace.

My pole is about 115 cm, it gives you an idea of the amount of snow! 

I'm going skiing next sunday!! With my own skis this time.

See you soon!

Bastien

Idiom of the day : 

Where are the  big wigs?

Big wigs = les grandes perruques

On utilise ça pour demander où sont les chefs! 

PS : Last Sunday was Daylight saving time for North America, we have one less hour of discrepancy for a couple of weeks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire


Afficher Internship Abroad sur une carte plus grande

Vous trouverez ici les "Guides Pays" compilés par les étudiants du projet INTERNSHIP ABROAD de l'ESLI.

Ces documents téléchargeables contiennent des informations utiles sur les stages à l'étranger.

Attention: certains détails peuvent être obsolètes.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Suivez-nous!